Ingredients contribute to (normal):
- Maintenance of normal testosterone levels in the blood
- Protein synthesis
- Carbohydrate metabolism
- Muscle function
- Cognitive function
- Immune function, especially during and after intense physical exercise
- Reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- Assists energy-yielding metabolism
- Protection of cells from oxidative stress
- Macronutrient metabolism
- Assists electrolyte balance
- Mental balance, relaxation, mental and physical well-being and emotional balance
- General wellbeing
Testosterone levels: Most men suffer a loss of testosterone levels after the age of 30. Testosterone plays a key role in enhancing muscle recovery and regeneration processes and is associated with greater muscle power/size/tone and strength. Testosterone also improves body composition and bone density and can help to reduce body fat. Testosterone is also known to improve mood, so it’s easier to stay motivated.
Cortisol levels: Elevated Cortisol (stress hormone) levels may lead to muscle wasting and decreased bone formation, and can increase the amount of fat you hold in your belly (also called visceral fat). Studies have been conducted in respect of Vitamin C reducing stress-induced cortisol release
A high Testosterone to Cortisol ratio indicates better recovery after exercise.
Ashwagandha is part of Ayurvedic herbalism. Ashwagandha is believed to help improve mental clarity and endurance, as well as treat anxiety and protect the body’s immune system. Clinical studies that are available suggest that ashwagandha could have a mild but noticeable positive effect on levels of testosterone in healthy males.